Wednesday 2 November 2011

View from a Bridge

Each day I walk across the river Cam to midsummer common.


It is the inspiration for my Riverside shawl. The garter ridges are reminiscent of the ripples that lap across the surface. The scalloped border is inspired by the shape created by the rowing boats as they glide smoothly downstream. 


As usual it was rather blustery on the day we took the photos, but at least that meant we got some great shots of the whole shawl, even if I did occasionally feel like I might take off at any moment.




Riverside is the first pattern in my Sweet Little Somethings pattern collection. It's a series patterns that I am releasing in instalments. I'm going to be releasing the next one, Amartine, later today and I'm very excited about it. Without giving too much away, let's just say it's gorgeous and smooshy!

Check back soon for some sneak peeks at some of the other patterns.

1 comment: