Tuesday 1 February 2011

Sidetracked

I posted last time about my general desire to finish stuff this year. I promptly followed this by casting on for a new project. Not an obvious manoeuvre in the circumstances I admit.

This foray into spontaneity was prompted by the appearance of Fleece by Kieran Foley, one of the patterns in the latest Knitty offering. It reminded me of this lonely old skein of sock yarn that I'd bought because I managed to successfully ignore the fact that I generally don't do stripey (or knit socks).
Noro Kureyon Sock
It occurred to me that I might have found the perfect use for that ball of wool. Until I started knitting that is. Upon picking up the needles I discovered that Monsieur Foley has you knit 15 times into one stitch (well actually it's a k3tog stitch but let's not be pedantic about it). Achieving this stitch correctly is no mean feat. For this reason I did what any sensible person would do and fudged it wherever possible.

Undeterred by having the wrong stitch count on almost every single row I forged on ahead. Another less adventurous knitter might have attempted to sort things out. Not me. I recognised a certain thrill in just carrying on regardless.  After all, I had resolved to 'finish stuff' had I not? And let's face it, we all know that going backwards is seriously detrimental to going forwards.

So it is that I am able to present a so-very-nearly-finished-I-can-almost-taste-it Fleece:
Blocking!

No comments:

Post a Comment